An astonishing value, exceptional quality antique Victorian natural sapphire and diamond cluster ring, circa 1890. The oval blue sapphire of approximately 2.10 carats sits in 18-carat yellow gold claws, surrounded by eight bright, white and lively old-cut diamonds, mounted in platinum. The graduated shoulders taper to a polished shank. French assay marks for 18ct gold and platinum and makers mark JB (Braun, Paris). The inky blue sapphire is accompanied by a certificated from GCS London stating that it is a natural sapphire that has not been treated to enhance the colour. Untreated sapphires are rare. This is an outstanding value ring that will make a great investment.
Shank and Setting
Tests as 18 carat gold and platinum. French assay marks for 18ct gold and platinum
Weight: 2.10 carats approximately
GCS certificate stating that the sapphire is natural and has not been subjected to any forms of thermal enhancement
Weight: 2.00 carats in total, approximately
18mm x 15mm x 8.5mm